17/11/2010

Canon Powershot S90 -- 28 mm - 1/500 s - f 2.0 - ISO 80
A quite nice coincidence has happened as I randomly ran into pictures of a very thick fog in Toronto. Inspired by a number of very nice photos, I quickly realized that I never actually took photos of fog and would be rather clueless on what to look out for when doing so, and for this reason, I decided to find a guide.
Now get this: I read this guide on Monday evening, and as I woke up yesterday morning at 7:00 am (I even considered sleeping longer, but decided there would be some things that I should rather do than sleep - seven hours is enough, stop worrying about my sleeping patterns, everybody!) -, I indeed found a fog right outside.
Never before have I managed to get myself ready so quickly. I was outside at about 7:10 am.
Now, taking pictures of fog is still harder than the guide makes it look like. Most importantly, it takes a lot of experience (although that's true for any type of photography). You also might want to be better prepared than I was (gloves for cold temperatures were never mentioned in the guide!) and simply have more time and maybe more patience, too. I only had around an hour of time before it started becoming quite bright already. Then I had to go back to my apartment and finally go to university.
Today's photo was taken on my way to university.

No comments:

Post a Comment