14/11/2010

Canon EOS 60D -- Sigma 50mm 1.4  - 1/80 s - f 1.4 - ISO 100
Okay, here's a story.
On Friday, I went to the city center, and while walking around, I found a large electronics store. I decided to go inside without an actual idea of what to do there. There was a sign which said what I can find where, I idly checked all the items... and found that it has a photography section. Well, obviously it does, I just didn't think about it before.
The thing is that I very quickly got lost there, first giggling at the prices and cameras offered (consumer-oriented, and consumers don't know what's good for them), and then found the dSLR section, with lots of nice cameras and lenses behind glass. After a few minutes, I finally got that courage to ask one of the salesmen to provide me with a camera.
To cut things short: this photo is the result of me toying around with a camera and an objective that I held in my hands for the very very first time. In a mall! I mean, can you actually imagine a more unfriendly environment to take pictures?
So here's my impression: I won't get around buying myself a dSLR and a 50mm f 1.4 objective, most likely the Sigma one, in fact. That's around 1,500 €. We'll see when I will have that money :)

No comments:

Post a Comment